Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Swing and a Miss

Whether it's baseball, boxing, or football they all can make great analogies, but this ain't a game...this ain't baseball. It's life. (Sorry to those with a differing predisposition). The miss for me is more like a fighter aimlessly punching the air......I've heard that when you miss big in a boxing match with an experienced fighter you often get smacked!!

I seem to have a slight preoccupation lately with pugilism. I think it's because I feel like I've missed big several times in life and it seems I'm getting tired of getting SMACKED!

DILEMMA: I am not interested in living a life that doesn't take a big swing once in a while, I don't enjoy the SMACKDOWN associated with the miss and I didn't ask anyone to make me this way. I also hate taking my family through my swings. It has started to make me hate me some days. . . So, how should I then live??

Yeah, yeah, yeah....wisdom, prudence, patience....none of my big swings come without much prayer and counsel. I nearly never take the first swing...:) I also sadly never stop looking for an opportunity to take a swing....sometimes a big one and sometimes just a jab...but I never stop looking...I didn't ask to be that way either, but I've always constantly looked for a new opportunity to try something new, to take a proverbial swing at it.

An aside--I am feeling right now like I should have used the baseball analogy. . . but only 'cause I don't want to offend your delicate sensitivities with the fighting analogies;)

BTW--Why don't we use the more graphic Scriptural analogies publicly? They are right there in God's HOLY Word for crying out loud!! I fear that we are alienating men on the trail because we speak publicly of only things delicate. I have commited to honesty, openly...so on we go...

I've got a cadre of potentially applicable Scripture. What's a sum-it-up answer??

I don't want generalization anymore! I want to KNOW the way you KNOW when you see a running back break free, who has glory in his eyes and is already doing his little endzone dance in his mind...and then SMACK!!...you belligerently close the hole he only thought he saw. SMACK!! That is a type of not knowing and knowing...He thought he knew freedom...He did KNOW he got hit...YOU KNOW who hit him!

Am I the LB or the RB??? I'm really not sure sometimes........

Maybe I should take up golf....

1 Corinthians 9:23-27

 

No comments:

Post a Comment